Fall lacrosse is a great opportunity to either learn the great sport of lacrosse for the first time, or improve your skills and have fun in a pickup game format.
School based teams are filled on a '1st come' basis.
1) Mini Stixx- This group will meet once a week starting Monday Sept. 16th thru Monday Oct. 7th. There is no registration fee for this age group you will however need to register thru our website. Mini Stixx is designed to introduce Pre K and K kids to the great game of lacrosse. This is for boys and girls. This program has taken off with the local kids so please forward this information to anyone who might have a child interested.
*** PTC will have a new offering in Spring of 2014. The league will offer U7 boys lacrosse that will be in house. All practices and games will be in PTC. Please follow www.ptclax.com for more information on this exciting new offering.
2) Elementary boys- U9 and U11- The format for this season is slightly different than years past. The practice during the week will focus on skill development and each team will play in two tournaments on weekends. One tournament will be a Meade with the possibility of the second away from PTC. The dates for each weekend are being finalized now and will be announced soon. This format is to attract quality competition without traveling several weekends in the fall. These tournaments will occur on Saturdays.
3) MS boys- MS boys will follow the same format as the ES Boys.
*** Our fall boys program will be ran by Kris Beardsley who is the VP of PTC lacrosse. Some of you may know Kris from his involvement on the girls side of PTC lax. He also is the community girls coach at Starr's Mill. Kris played 4 years of varsity lacrosse in Denver, CO and also played club lax at the University of Denver.
4) HS Boys- Practices will be held Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Meade Field. Games will be held Sundays at Riverwood High School between the hours of 1-8 PM (5900 Raider Drive, Atlanta, GA 30328). Games will start on September 29th and run through November 3rd.
5) ES girls- Our elementary girls program is designed to promote skill development. Girls will be divided into skill levels so each girl with have an opportunity to gain confidence and promote individual skill development. Games will be in house with some opportunity for a few games with other organizations. More information the follow as details are being worked out.
6) MS girls- Our U 13 and U 15 girls will participate in MAYLA just like in the Spring. PTC lax feels like this is critical in the continued development of our girls program. Games for this league will start in Sept. 21st and end on Oct. 26. There will be a total of 6 games with half being at Meade. Weekday practices will focus on skill development and team work.
7) HS girls- Our HS girls coach's are looking at challenging options and PTC lax will follow up with more information as it becomes available.